Mitten's Papercrafting

Friday, April 23, 2010

FWF and TGIF!!

Can you feel the excitement?  Next week is Unity's release party for the new Cosmo Cricket stamps and their second anniversary!  And, I just ordered the as yet unreleased Ippity sets so I can ship them to you on the big release dat of May 13!!!  Wait till you see them!!

For now, I'll show you the rest of Mom's scrapbook!

First, this view of the water from Signal Hill, along with all the weeds that kept my allergies alive for ten days!!!  I used the fabulous Ippity paper with the branch stamps from Ippity "Right Where You Should Be."



Next is the cover - I found an embroidered sunset I did in the 1970's and decided to use it, finally!!  I cut the largest round nestabilities circle and put the embroidered piece in the void.  The paper is from an old photo stack I had with blue sky and clouds.  I added a stamped balloon from Unity's "Love is in the Air," and stamped the word "memories" with versamark and white embossed it.  It's from a Unity scrapbook kit, I believe.  I love the way this turned out!

Next is a fairy stamp and sentiment from Unity - I gold embossed the fairy on a piece of acetate and cut it out so I could put it over the photo and make it kind of ethereal.


Finally, the mailbox - a St. John's style mailbox!  I ordered Unity's "Sending My Love" expressly to decorate this page.  I spend a lot of time at the post office so I can relate to this set!  


I'd love to hear from you all - have a great Friday and keep your eyes peeled for all the great Unity surprises.  They're two years old because they love their customers and appreciate their business.  Remember to visit all the other FWF'ers here.

Jennifer

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Bonita Rose said...

great pages, and yes the ippity release is gonna be amazing!!! i stocked up on sets too.. wohoooooooo!!!!!!

April 23, 2010 at 10:15 AM  
Blogger FibreJunky said...

What a really neat project!!! Love all the details and the stamps you chose for each page. The 3rd pic is kinda blurry, but I like the embossing on the fairy.

April 23, 2010 at 10:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Fabulous Jennifer! Love the cut out leaves, and what a wonderful embroidered sunset you made! Great talent!

April 23, 2010 at 10:54 AM  
Blogger JenMarie said...

How FABulous!

April 23, 2010 at 12:20 PM  
Blogger farmhouse-story said...

your embroidery is just the perfect finishing touch on your labor of love, jen!

April 23, 2010 at 1:49 PM  
Blogger scrappyteacher said...

Excellent job Jennifer!!

April 23, 2010 at 2:56 PM  
Blogger jo said...

Fantastic work!!!

April 23, 2010 at 3:52 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

this neat project never see anything like it before cool

April 23, 2010 at 5:07 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Zito said...

Wow!!! These are awesome pages Jennifer! Beautiful! Have a wonderful weekend!

April 23, 2010 at 7:53 PM  
Blogger Angie Blom said...

love this .. it is just awesome.. really cool project here!!

April 23, 2010 at 9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home