Mitten's Papercrafting

Monday, February 1, 2010

[H]ippity Hop!!!

Welcome to the Ippity blog hop, one of the few things that makes me look forward to Monday!!!

I have one new card to show off today - I used it for the Challenge this week. If you've looked at my blog before, you know I love to make circle cards.  I sent out 30 round Christmas cards this year and made them up like ornaments.  They were a huge hit!  (Scroll to my older posts to see a few...)

This card uses one of the last scraps of my favorite paper ever, the Japanese paper from Paper Source.  It came in a large sheet and I have used it for everything fom lining envelopes to making cards.  It is beautiful with the gold highlights and it just inspires me every time I see it. The round gold card is also from Paper Source - in the 50% sale bin after Christmas.  This is thank you card for my mom - I used the "love" stamp from "Because of You" and the thank you and frame from "Just Wanted to Say."  I also embossed the card for some textural interest.



I want to say that these Ippity stamps are fabulous - they are inexpensive and can be used for all occasions.   I don't have a favorite set but I have used "Kissmas and Mistletoe" more than any other set I own.  The sets are the perfect size for beginners - not too many stamps to overwhelm a beginner and just enough to have a complete range of stamps for limitless ideas.  I can't say enough nice things about the folks at Ippity and Unity.  About 99% of my stamps are from Unity or Ippity (I've only been stamping for a few months and have amassed a large collection.)  The prices are excellent, the quality is fantastic, and they are made in the USA.  How great is that!!  If you don't buy your Ippity here, check out some of the other bloghoppers here .

Have a great week!

Jennifer

Labels:

22 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Zito said...

Gorgeous Jennifer! Love the touches of gold!

February 1, 2010 at 10:06 AM  
Blogger farmhouse-story said...

very elegant card, jennifer!

February 1, 2010 at 10:23 AM  
Blogger Banu said...

Very pretty:)

February 1, 2010 at 10:35 AM  
Blogger Rose said...

I love this! Your colors are so rich and pretty!

February 1, 2010 at 10:41 AM  
Blogger Savannah O'Gwynn said...

wow--great colors! Great card!! TFS:)

February 1, 2010 at 10:53 AM  
Blogger Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

What a fabulous creation!!!

February 1, 2010 at 11:22 AM  
Blogger Rachel B said...

I love your shaped card. The Love panel is fabulous!

February 1, 2010 at 11:33 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

nice work!!

February 1, 2010 at 11:52 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

A Fab shaped card!

February 1, 2010 at 12:05 PM  
Blogger Kelly Mahany said...

What a great compilation of papers, stamps, and details that make this card so very stunning! Sorry the last of your paper is gone now! It is so pretty!

February 1, 2010 at 12:28 PM  
Blogger Scrapacat said...

Just beautiful! Love the round card - those are very hard for me. I especially appreciate your comments about the value of these stamps.
~ky

February 1, 2010 at 12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW, this is really pretty!

February 1, 2010 at 1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gorgeous card!!

February 1, 2010 at 2:29 PM  
Blogger Angie Blom said...

stunning, love the lace detail.

February 1, 2010 at 3:08 PM  
Blogger Gardner's Basket said...

I love this card. I would be a great card for Chinese New Year!

February 1, 2010 at 3:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful card Jennifer! I love the ruffled lace and these colors are awesome!

February 1, 2010 at 3:34 PM  
Blogger ♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Luv it! Luv the Oriental paper that you used. Simply exquisite!

February 1, 2010 at 4:00 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth said...

How beautiful is this, love all the special touches!!!

February 1, 2010 at 8:17 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

what a fun card!

February 1, 2010 at 8:27 PM  
Blogger Lisa H. said...

ooo, so rich looking!

February 2, 2010 at 7:35 AM  
Blogger dclouser said...

What a fabulous card! So many special touches to it.

February 2, 2010 at 8:10 AM  
Blogger eryn hannig said...

Love the rich feel...that GOLD is ink is awesome! :)

February 2, 2010 at 1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home