Mitten's Papercrafting

Monday, February 8, 2010

Hippity Hop - Simply Home

My young niece wants to raise money for her local animal shelter and asked if I would make some cards for her to sell.  How could I refuse?!!  She did ask that the cards have animals on them so I had to fall back on the wonderful Ippity set, Simply Home. (By the way, I have one more set of this available for sale - just go over to the sidebar to get it.)  Here it is in all its fabulousness!!



I admit that I have not used this set to its full potential until today:-)  I love the barn and tree and the animals and sentiments - in short, what's not to love?

Here are a couple of different styles of cards I made today.


This uses dp from the incredible DSW Rustic stack - I found it at Joann's after Christmas and used my Christmas giftcard to purchase it - it is amazing and has the richest looking papers.  I used some Target raffia ribbon to put around it and make it a bit more rustic.  Below is another example using the same papers...






This card is a bit more girly - I know someone will love it.  Besides, whoever buys these cards will be putting 100% of their money to a good cause, the Animal Shelter in Milton, Mass.  My niece is a true animal lover, in fact I think she's the animal whisperer because all animals are drawn to her sweet, gentle disposition.

At the moment, this is all I've got to show for the day...perhaps I'll be more productive when the Super Bowl is on:-)

Happy Monday, everyone!  Remember to leave some love for all the bloghoppers today!  If you missed the beginning of the hop, just click here.

Jennifer

Labels:

18 Comments:

Blogger Gardner's Basket said...

Beautiful cards! Good Luck with the fundraiser.

February 8, 2010 at 6:22 AM  
Blogger farmhouse-story said...

how sweet is your niece?! and you, for helping her! love your cards!

February 8, 2010 at 7:26 AM  
Blogger Bonita Rose said...

U hv been busy.. your cards are perfect!

February 8, 2010 at 8:15 AM  
Blogger Kelly Mahany said...

How wonderful that your niece is doing this and also so sweet of you to help her!! Your animal cards are just precious!

February 8, 2010 at 9:02 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Fabulous creations! Showcases this stamp set beautifully!

February 8, 2010 at 9:11 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Zito said...

Wow! Beautiful cards! Love what you've done with that set! Great job!

February 8, 2010 at 9:23 AM  
Blogger JenMarie said...

Oh I LOVE these!!

February 8, 2010 at 9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, I'm inking Simply Home today!!! These ROCK!!!

February 8, 2010 at 9:45 AM  
Blogger Tenia Nelson said...

Very cool cards!!!

February 8, 2010 at 10:30 AM  
Blogger Lisa H. said...

great work with this set! love your girly pink card.

February 8, 2010 at 11:14 AM  
Blogger Eva said...

Awwww...these are all fabulous cards!!!! Love them!

February 8, 2010 at 11:18 AM  
Blogger Susan B. said...

I love this stamp set. All your cards are wonderful!

February 8, 2010 at 11:40 AM  
Blogger Jodi C. said...

I LOVE all of these cards!!! That set is perfect for them!!!

Good luck to your niece, what a great cause she has picked!!

February 8, 2010 at 1:45 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth said...

Awesome job on these, that's my favorite set of the first release!

February 8, 2010 at 3:11 PM  
Blogger ♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Such gorgeous cards! I'm sure they will sell well!

February 8, 2010 at 7:29 PM  
Blogger Savannah O'Gwynn said...

these are so pretty--love all the cards--but #3 is my fav because of that cow and the dp!! LOVE IT:) TFS!

February 8, 2010 at 8:17 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

I need to work with this set more! Love the cards!

February 13, 2010 at 6:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your pink cow card is so adorable...geez, I think I haven't inked mine up yet...thanks for the wonderful inspiration Jennifer!

February 15, 2010 at 12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home