Mitten's Papercrafting

Monday, February 7, 2011

Hippity Hop (Snow is Gone!!)


Hello Blog Hoppers - I am sure I am in the minority - I enjoy staying in the cabin and rarely get cabin fever!  This is what our neighborhood looked like this week - even the trolley folks had to get out and clear the tracks so they could proceed!  Would you believe this is Dallas??


I didn't use the time to a lot of crafting advantage but I did make cookies and take online professional development classes.  Lots of hanging around without a lot to show for having four days off of work:-)  

I did manage to complete several DAR applications and I made some cute cards to welcome our new members.  I'll be inserting a membership card in each of these to make my new members feel special.  I used the "welcome" stamp from "House a Home" and it looks perfect.  Here is the group of seven cards:


Here's one in closeup. I hope my new members enjoy these!  They were fun to make, too.  I finally used all these roses I had left over from my wedding invitations that are several years old:-)  I attached them to punched butterflies (Martha Stewart butterfly punch) and used my Sizzix dots embossing folder.  The card base was made with Nestabilities.  I am going to make a little custom parchment envelope to protect each one since they'll be going in the mail with other little welcome items.  I like my members to feel special.  The next group will be coming in April so I will be using the cute little spring chick stamp, I'm sure.




This is a birthday card using the new Ippity sketch - I used the "happy birthday stamp" from How You Doin" and blinged it up.  I love these Graphic 45 papers - they are gorgeous!


I hope everyone recovers from their junk food frenzy on Super Bowl Sunday!!!  I will be making a birthday gift to go with this card so I can give it to the lucky girl on Tuesday....

Remember to visit all the other blog hoppers here and buy your Ippity here!

Jennifer

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Lisa H. said...

sooo sweet. love those cards.

February 7, 2011 at 6:58 AM  
Blogger farmhouse-story said...

love the roses and bling, jennifer!

February 7, 2011 at 8:31 AM  
Blogger Patricia said...

Very cute cards, Jennifer!

February 7, 2011 at 10:42 AM  
Blogger Banu said...

Cute cards. Loved the birthday card as well. SNOW Was fun...but living in Texas we are not used to driving in Snow, so I am glad it has gone..but worried about a reappearance on Wednesday. :)

February 7, 2011 at 10:52 AM  
Blogger Rona said...

pretty cards - hope you enjoyed your snow!!

February 7, 2011 at 10:55 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Very cute and oh so pretty!

February 7, 2011 at 12:10 PM  
Blogger Susan B. said...

Jennifer, your cards are really cute! Love all the red roses!

February 7, 2011 at 1:52 PM  
Blogger NoraAnne said...

Love your cards, the round ones are so pretty :) and the Graphic 45 paper on the second one is gorgeous and I love what you've done with it here!

February 7, 2011 at 8:10 PM  
Blogger Marilyn Nimmo said...

I'm like you - I don't get cabin fever. LOVE your invitations!

February 7, 2011 at 10:51 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Jennifer your card so full of love! I love the pretty roses!

February 11, 2011 at 3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home