Mitten's Papercrafting

Friday, March 16, 2012

Friends with Flair!!!!!

I have been on spring break but I have had to go to work anyway:-(  But I did have time to make one card and I kind of like it!  The beautiful embossing is from a Darice folder a friend gave me for Christmas.  I used it with Hero Arts layering paper.  I found some May Arts twine that matched it perfectly and thought of using buttons on the butterfly bodies.  She knows I am crazy about butterflies and those are the images I can never resist.  The stamp is from Ippity "Where You Should Be."



Below is our other kitty.  When he came to us, his name was "Trouble" but that just didn't fit.  We call him "Fangs" or "Mr. Fangs" for obvious reasons.  He uses those fangs to tear open and drag bags of cat food across the room.


Remember to go over to Unity and pick me as your check when you need your Ippity fix.  I appreciate each and every one of you!

Jennifer

17 Comments:

Blogger Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I was not sure if you dabbed white or distressed until I made the photo larger. It looks great!

March 16, 2012 at 6:35 PM  
Blogger Ruby said...

This is such a pretty card.

March 16, 2012 at 7:30 PM  
Blogger Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh, are those vellum? Fabulous card.

March 16, 2012 at 9:16 PM  
Blogger JPScraps said...

Gorgeous card. I have that folder too. I love the butterflies.

March 16, 2012 at 9:38 PM  
Blogger Jen M said...

This is gorgeous!!!

March 16, 2012 at 10:03 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

I love the pretty lilac color on your card and the embossing and butterflies are fantastic, so pretty! And WOW, you are not joking about your cat being Mr Fangs!

March 16, 2012 at 10:30 PM  
Blogger Roslyn said...

Love the card!

March 16, 2012 at 10:39 PM  
Blogger Houses Built of Cards said...

Beautiful! LOVE the embossing!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

March 17, 2012 at 8:36 AM  
Blogger Barb King said...

That card is beautiful, I love that embossing folder! Cute cat, got some pics of my big boy on my blog. Thanks for leaving a comment there.

March 17, 2012 at 8:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful card! I love purple!

March 17, 2012 at 8:48 AM  
Blogger veronica said...

love the texture!

March 17, 2012 at 2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty!

March 17, 2012 at 3:22 PM  
Blogger Kary said...

What a gorgeous card!! Love the butterflies and the embossing looks fabulous.

March 17, 2012 at 8:19 PM  
Blogger Lisa Arana said...

beautiful... that embossing folder is amazing and just fabulous with the ippity set.

March 17, 2012 at 10:05 PM  
Blogger angie/shuggy said...

this is an awesome card!!

March 18, 2012 at 11:40 AM  
Blogger Pryn said...

Gorgeous card, Jennifer! Love the monochromatic look! Such a cute kitty cat...I think his name fits him now :)

I wanted to say thank you for your comment on my blog. I am so sorry to hear that you have lost your father. Maybe, through this virtual craftland, we can help each other cope. Sending you hugs!

March 18, 2012 at 4:56 PM  
Blogger Emily Leiphart said...

So gorgeous, Jennifer! I love that it's all purple with so much detail. Your cat is adorable and that always means trouble. LOL

March 29, 2012 at 5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home